The Burnsville Beyond the Yellow Ribbon Organization met on Friday, April 3, 2015 at Burnsville City Hall. The meeting minutes are as follows:
1. The first event is called Scoops for Troops on Sunday, May 3, from 1-5 PM at Blackhawk Middle School, 1540 Deerwood Drive, Eagan. We would like to set up a table with BTYR information at this event. I anticipate set up at 12:30 and tear down at 5:00 pm. We are looking for 2 volunteers per shift:
12:30 – 3:00 pm ___________ ______________
3:00 – 5:30 pm ____________ ______________
They are also looking for volunteers to help scoop the ice cream, so if you are interested, please e-mail Mike Huddleston at email@example.com.
2. Armed Forces Day BBQ on Saturday, May 16 from 1:00 – 3:00 pm at Mary, Mother of the Church. The Military Support Group at the church will be honoring local veterans with a picnic. Volunteers would man a BTYR information table and assist with set up, serving, or clean up. I’ll have more detailed information from Lois and Jim Finan, so if you interested in volunteering please save the date and e-mail Mike Huddleston at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Monday, May 25 is Memorial Day and the city of Burnsville has an event at the Centennial Garden on Nicollet Avenue near City Hall to honor our local veterans. The mayor would like to have our banner present for the event so I would need a couple of volunteers to hold the banner during the ceremony. The ceremony starts at 9:30 a.m. and would only run for about an hour.
4. We are looking for nominations for 2015 Veterans’ Voices Award, sponsored by the Minnesota Humanities Center. Please see the attached flyer for more detailed information.
5. All of these items will be up on our webpage; www.burnsvilleyellowribbon.org.
6. Our next meeting is May 29 at 9:30 am at Burnsville City Hall.