Position Title: Army National Guard (ARNG) Family Assistance Center (FAC) Specialist
Location: Rosemount Community & Training Center
13865 S. Robert Trail
Rosemount, MN 55068 Deadline for Application: 22 Aug 2016
Salary: $42,466 Annual Availability: immediately
Human Resources Consulting, Inc. (HRCI) is seeking qualified individuals to serve as Family Assistance Center (FAC)
Specialist for the National Guard in Rosemount, MN. The FAC Specialist will provide information, referral, outreach and support services to geographically dispersed Service Members and Families. Assistance is provided to all branches of the service regardless of duty status. Information and referral includes crisis intervention, legal, financial, TRICARE, ID Cards/DEERS, and community outreach resources. The FAC Specialist is supervised by the FAC Coordinator and FAC operations are under the technical guidance of the State Family Program Director (SFPD).
Major responsibilities include (not all inclusive)
- FAC Specialists shall provide information, assistance, referral, and follow-up services to Service members,
Families and Survivors from all branches of service and components regarding pay/financial issues, military
medical benefits, legal issues, ID Cards/DEERS enrollment, and a wide variety of other Family related issues.
Assistance shall occur within 72 hours of initial contact. All cases shall be documented in the Family
Management Program (FMP).
- FAC Specialists shall coordinate financial assistance from military, governmental and civilian organizations as
needed to assist Service Members, Family members and Survivors experiencing financial hardships. This
includes referral to appropriate offices, agencies and organizations.
- FAC Specialists shall develop and maintain a directory of resources, agencies and organizations that are
available to assist Service Members, military Families and Survivors. Additionally Family Assistance Specialists
shall keep abreast of research and policy/legislative changes impacting Service Members, Family members and
- FAC Specialists shall provide advice and guidance to Family Readiness Groups (FRG’s) as required by the
SFPD. They shall assist the FRG in gathering, collating, maintaining and disseminating information and
resources to Families.
- Family Assistance Specialists shall have broad based knowledge, experience, and skills in the areas of military
personnel, human resources, and Family programs as well as an understanding of the ARNG. The contract
employee must demonstrate a working knowledge of military well-being programs, Family programs, and the
deployment support cycle requirements.
- Contractor must be a self-starter and require minimum oversight.
- Contractors must be computer literate and proficient in preparing Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
documents. Contractors must have the ability to gather information, make recommendations for program
improvement, synthesize information, and provide communication (orally and written) to disseminate information throughout the organization. Contractors must have the ability to develop PowerPoint briefings as directed.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license.
- Must have ability to pass required background investigations, with a minimum NAC clearance.
HRCI offers a competitive benefits program which includes: 15 Paid Time off (PTO) days, 10 paid holidays, 401K w/company match, $50k Life Insurance Policy, and a comprehensive Health and Dental Plan.
- Application Instructions: Interested parties should register on the HRCI website: hrciweb.com. Once on the website, click on “Careers” tab at the top of the page, and then click on the position desired. When you apply for this position, you will be asked to register for the website by entering your email and a password (not character specific). You will be directed to a profile page where you’ll enter your information and have the ability to upload a cover letter and resume. By registering on the HRCI website, you will be able to apply for additional positions in the future without completing the registration process twice.
Deadline for this application submission is NLT 5:00 PM EDT on Aug 22, 2016. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified within 30 days. If you are not contacted within 30 days, you were not selected for an interview and we thank you for your time.